MATERNITY NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Want to set your maternity and newborn work apart from your competition? Get better with studio lighting, natural lighting and mixed lighting? Pose maternity and newborn clients?
Sign up for a comprehensive maternity newborn photography workshop! Learn how I typically shoot and process maternity and newborn in a hands-on and interactive workshop environment.
Lighting will be shared at the studio & on-location and triggers will be provided to each student. Maximum 8 students.
Students should have a good understanding of aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Students will learn how to perfect straight-out-of-the-camera images using available light (reflector, strobes and natural light).
- DSLR camera. Newborn photography lenses: either 35mm or 50mm or 85mm. Maternity photography lenses: 85mm, 135mm or 70-200mm. You are more than welcome to bring other lenses too (e.g. 24-70mm, 200mm or macro lens 100mm or 105mm).
- Basic knowledge of ACR/Lightroom and Photoshop
We will cover:
- Lenses and focal lengths
- Camera settings
- Natural light, studio light, continuous light and equipment
- Metering for correct exposure and bracketing
- Photoshop post-production (retouching, composites, overlays etc)
- Posing – Single, couple, family
- Creative concept, composition and styling
- Studio and outdoor – how to shoot in the studio and outdoor. Learn to shoot in sun, shade and overcast days
- Basic newborn poses – baby, parent-baby, sibling-baby
- Advanced posing – composites, specialty props (e.g branch, dreamcatchers, etc)
ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS (time permitting)
- Image critique
- Business strategies
- Marketing, sales and products
USE OF IMAGES
You may use any of the images you take at the workshop for your portfolio.
USD$1400 for 3-day workshop; $2500 for 5-day retreat; $2000 for 1-on-1 mentoring (3-days)
USD$500 non-refundable retainer is required to retain your spot, with the remainder of the balance due one month before the start of the workshop.
Includes: Lunches and snacks, reference materials, Photoshop actions, continued support via Facebook group.
2017 WORKSHOP LOCATIONS AND DATES (Click on links below for agenda and registration!)
- Seattle, WA July 2017, 5-day Maternity & Newborn Retreat, USD$2500 – SOLD OUT
- Seattle, WA August 2017, 5-day Maternity & Newborn Retreat, USD $2500
- Creative Artist Collection Seattle Shootout, July 29, USD$300
- Rocky Hill, CT October 2017, 2-day Maternity ONLY, USD $1100
Thank you to our sponsors for their support by spreading the word for us, supplying props for the workshops and providing our students discount codes for their store. I love their products and customer service. Check them out!
Eden Bao Photography is ranked #6 best maternity photographer of the world by Top Teny Magazine (see their article: top 10 best maternity photographers in the world). A Master Photographer with the Master Photographers International and a proud member of the Professional Photographers of America, Eden specializes and excels in photographing beautiful maternity and newborn portraiture. Eden also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and operates Eden Bao Photography, a market leader in maternity photography. Eden has received Advanced Communicator Bronze recognition at Toastmaster International and has taught in private mentoring and workshops in Canada, United States and Brazil for over three years. Her background in photography, education and public speaking makes her a great mentor and teacher. Learn more about her in About Eden!
Interested? Have more questions? Please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Contact Me form so we can chat further!