WORKSHOPS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT CALENDAR
|September 2018||Click Family||Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|January 2019||ImagingUSA||Atlanta, GA USA|
|February 2019||Click Away||Dana Point, CA USA|
|April 2019||4-day Maternity & Newborn Workshop||Vancouver, BC Canada|
MATERNITY NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Want to become a newborn photographer or a maternity photographer? Set your maternity and newborn work apart from your competition? Get better with studio lighting, natural lighting and mixed lighting? Pose maternity and newborn clients?
Sign up for a comprehensive maternity newborn photography workshop! Learn how I typically shoot and process maternity and newborn in a hands-on and interactive workshop environment.
Lighting will be shared at the studio & on-location and triggers will be provided to each student. Maximum 8 students.
Students should have a good understanding of aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Students will learn how to perfect straight-out-of-the-camera images using available light (reflector, strobes and natural light).
- DSLR camera. Newborn photography lenses: either 35mm or 50mm or 85mm. Maternity photography lenses: 85mm, 135mm or 70-200mm. You are more than welcome to bring other lenses too (e.g. 24-70mm, 200mm or macro lens 100mm or 105mm).
- Basic knowledge of ACR/Lightroom and Photoshop
- Lenses and focal lengths
- Camera settings
- Natural light, studio light, continuous light and equipment
- Metering for correct exposure
- Photoshop post-production (retouching, composites, overlays etc)
- Maternity Poses – Single, couple, family
- Creative maternity photography ideas, composition and styling
- Studio and outdoor – how to shoot in the studio and outdoor. Learn to shoot in sun, shade and overcast days
- Basic newborn poses – baby, parent-baby, sibling-baby
- Advanced newborn posing – composites, specialty props (e.g branch, dreamcatchers, etc)
- RAW adjustments
- Pricing Strategies
- Promotion Strategies- Website, Social Media, Advertising
- Business Process
USE OF IMAGES
You may use any of the images you take at the workshop for your portfolio.
Please click on the workshop or event in the calendar above for pricing information.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support by spreading the word for us, supplying props for the workshops and providing our students discount codes for their store. I love their products and customer service. Check them out!
A Master Photographer, Eden Bao is an industry leader in maternity, newborn and family photography and owns Eden Bao Photography in the metro Seattle area. Eden is highly trained and educated in her industry and holds a Master Photographer in Portrait (MPP) designation with the Master Photographers International as well as a Bachelor of Business Administration. Eden is very involved in the industry and has received Advanced Communicator Bronze recognition at Toastmaster International, been active in PPA as well as Master Photographers International. She loves to work with other photographers and teaches workshops throughout Canada, the United States, and Brazil.